Wednesday, January 16, 2013

We have now started working on "down". I was trying to use the sign for down that I found online, but for Dusty, I point at the floor and down she goes. It seemed silly to have different signs for different dogs, so pointing at the floor it is. She lost a little of the "sit" momentum, so I'm thinking I need to slow down a bit...and hold off on "down" until sit becomes a little more automatic for her. You can see her thinking every time I sign to her.

Whenever she has a toy or a bone, she runs around the house with it, and whines. My son Nate looked online, and found many posts about dogs with the same issue. Their owners said that the solution was to give the dog someplace to "bury" the toy. A pile of blankets was one of the recommendations. Thus far, it isn't working. Sometimes she finds a spot to hide it, and will settle down, other times I have to take whatever it is away from her, just to calm her down. Last night, NOBODY got much sleep because she was trying to play with and bury all of the toys at once!

No comments:

Post a Comment