Sunday, January 13, 2013

Meet Annie

On January 10, 2013 I adopted Annie, a 5 month old Australian Shepherd from Teachers Pet Rescue. She is completely deaf and visually impaired. She joins my other two rescues, Dusty, a 3 year old Black Lab/Wolfhound mix and Max, a 10 year old Maltese.

Most of her first day was spent exploring the house. She's very shy, but does fine with the other dogs. She does bump into things a lot, so we are working on clearing obstacles. Dusty wants her to play, but she's still a little to nervous. I have to carry her in and out of the yard, she seems to be afraid of the stairs. I keep talking to her, as if she can hear me, and then I feel a little silly...

I'm doing some research now on training deaf dogs. This will be a joyous challenge!

No comments:

Post a Comment