Sunday, January 20, 2013

It's bitter cold here today, so the dogs are only going out for short periods of time. Annie and Dusty were out, Max, the Maltese of course would have none of that...
I looked out the window, and saw Annie tossing something up in the air, running around and chasing it, and generally having a great time. Having no idea what she was playing with, I went to take a look. No jacket of course, and in my house slippers. What has she got? A dead grackle. I, of course, began shouting and clapping my hands for her to drop it...which, of course, had no effect on her at all. She finally noticed me sliding my way across the icy yard in my house slippers, and dropped the bird. I hadn't thought to bring something to pick it up with, so there I was, holding the poor thing by one claw, saying "Ew, ew, ew," the whole way.

I've been considering the vibrating collar suggested on some deaf dog web sites. Today would be a good example of where one would come in handy...although, it really wouldn't have made much difference. I still would have had to go out and get the bird. Maybe just not in my slippers.

No comments:

Post a Comment