Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Learning so fast!

Annie now knows the signs for come, sit, down and stay. Good dog and bad dog are not coming along so well. I think it may be because of her visual deficit though...she seems to see motion ok, but static objects are a problem. If I put a dog biscuit on the floor, she can't find it. But she can see the sign for "sit" which involves moving the hand and forearm up. I've been using a "thumbs up" for good dog, but I think I may need to find another sign...one that has a motion to it.

I've ditched the idea of the vibrating collar. There seem to be only two varieties on the market...the cheap junk and the prohibitively expensive. I tried pointing a laser pointer on the ground in front of her, and she came running to investigate it. This may be the solution for getting her attention when she is not looking at me.

No comments:

Post a Comment